1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Nearly every element in Trump's trouble has a Watergate parallel

"Everybody's trying to get me," Mr. Trump told an aide, according to the new Woodward book, "Fear." The book describes a tragi-comedy inside the White House with top aides dismissing the president as an "idiot." In Nixon's time, top lieutenant Henry Kissinger called his boss "meatball mind" behind his back.

But in those days, the world did not have Twitter or a U.S. president who would have been publicly airing his visceral feelings on it even if he could.

"This is a president who says things publicly that we know from the tapes that Nixon said privately," says Timothy Naftali, a New York University historian who directed the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum. "It's as if Trump is wrestling with the history of Watergate openly. It's the president who is inviting these parallels."

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

160309151119-trump-mortgage-1280x720.jpg

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump's Washington.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

220px-Trump_Magazine.jpg

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ubu seems unclear on "GDP."

garrow likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Grossly Delusional President

Fred siegle and Azrael like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

010-go-trump-website.jpg

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

@TyWebb will go for days with this “I gotcha” silly game without understanding what I have been saying, even after I've tried to explain it.

W hen someone tells me I figured out the state of the economy based on a billboard, that is actually a compliment according to Malcom Gladwell.

Like I said over and over it takes intelligence and critical thinking to do that. For example people that look at a few protesters at Charlottesville and determine that all Trump supporters are racist are just idiots.

I also believe you can develop intelligence and critical thinking over time. You don't have to be an idiot all your life.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

extrapolation for me, but not for thee

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’m sorry, but none of what Harris does here would last more 17 seconds in a real courtroom. She knows that, so this question, as with much of her questioning, is really just a bit of theater. She has no interest in his answer, she doesn’t let him answer.

And if the case has never been overturned, then is it really Trump’s Washington, or merely every Washington since 1889?

SpeedTchr and Sea Bass like this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

When I hear talk of a Blue Wave in November I shudder. I fear Democrats have not learned the lessons of 2016. I hope I’m wrong, but the Trumpers will be out in force for the midterms so the Democrats had better be too

service_gamer and cyclingwriter2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.