1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

new-jersey-generals-companies-photo-u1.jpg

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Already read those. Solid books, but I don't think Malcolm pulls enough worldly insights from billboards he sees on his way to work.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Based on a drive I took this weekend, Stuckey's, Love Travel Centers and XXX video shops are the main drivers of the economy.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying:

"The economy and wages are on the rise. My proof of that is this billboard."

That was the gist of your post. The first part may be true, but the second part is not proof of it. And you offered no other form of proof in that post, just the billboard. No economist has ever learned anything from a single billboard.

daemon likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

1200px-Tour_de_Trump_1989.jpg

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They’ll be out in force.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

nochaosonlygreatenergy

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So you still have a chance.

TyWebb likes this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Totally anecdotal evidence in my town in NJ. We are about 1/3 Dems, 1/3 GOP and 1/3 independent (not suprpising given that county politics is all Dems). We tend to vote GOP in local and state races and Dems in national races, although the margins are usually close and popular politicians buck that trend. Our congressman is a middle of the road GOPer

We have not elected more than one Dem on the town council in a decade and the latest council was 8-0 GOP. In the last election, turnout was up 75 percent, the popular GOP mayor was blown out and Dems dominated in all 4 open seats on the council. There is certainly enthusiasm out there.

garrow and TigerVols like this.
  10. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

[
    Republican Chris smith is my representative (New Jersey) and I know move on and pro-choice groups are putting a lot of effort into giving him the boot. He's always been virtually untouchable, and there's never really been much effort against him. There's a lot of enthusiasm out there this time. I don't know much about the person running against him, but I will before the election. I know one thing for this election - I won't be voting for the criminal menendez. It's either the republican, who seems fine but I have to look into him a little more, someone else, or just not vote for senator.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

ctm0412trumpnetwork-test.jpg

12. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.