1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

“Everybody though Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?” McCarthy said in an interview with Fox News. “But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought.”

The guy didn't seem to have a problem with Kevin McCarthy.

Baron Scicluna and Smallpotatoes like this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Here's what I've never quite understood about Benghazi.

There were nine different investigations, nine. Republicans, whom I presume really wanted to find something they could pin on Clinton and Obama, led six of them.

Every single one of those investigations found that Clinton and Obama were not responsible for the deaths of the four people the terrorists killed.

I could see one investigation getting it wrong or missing something important, maybe two. But nine? If nine different investigations clear somebody of wrongdoing, then they did nothing wrong.

Saying there was an element of corruption in those nine investigations makes about as much sense as saying the Cleveland Br9wns would have won the last Super Bowl if the officials weren't on the take in all 16 of their games.

If Clinton and Obama are so obviously guilty, why can't an investigation reach that conclusion?

Edit: there were nine investigations, not eight.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

See how deep the conspiracy goes???

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Revealing. If the Democrats have no policies and the Trumpists have a monopoly on great ideas, why is the GOP the party that expends time, money and effort into throwing orange barrels onto Voter Registration Highway? You’d think if they have the great ideas that will benefit the country, they’d be the ones advocating for easier registration.

Webster likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Never forget.

Never forget.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Good job. Good effort.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Never forget.

10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The President seriously doesn't understand that President Trump is running the Justice Department right now.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Az, man. I’m finding the “Never forget” comment, particularly on this day, rather disrespectful to all those lost and affected by the events of 17 years ago.

I get the anti-Trump stuff, but man, please disconnect that from 9/11 references. Just my opinion. Otherwise, carry on, sir.

VB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.