1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

In this particular case, at least, yes. Trump is toxic among women and while I obviously don't think they'll flock en masse to female candidates, this can really help the Dems.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That’s the only goal

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I alluded to this pic earlier but how fucking obtuse must one be to approach a day/event such as 9-11 in this manner. I am patiently awaiting the outrage from the "America Fuck Yeah" crowd on this one. Should be coming any minute now.....

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Garfield is more dignified than Trump.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

“When do keg stands start?”

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Apologies if a d_b:

garrow likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My condolences on your cousin. I have always been fascinated by the stories of people who by fate escaped or were caught in the tragedy (and in my former job, I met a number of those who were very lucky on that day). Here is one which I haven’t thought of in years but seeing the name eSpeed triggered the memory.

A salesman at eSpeed was dealing with a client at the World Financial Center across the West Side Highway. The client, a treasuries trader, was having issues with the eSpeed product and the employee said that he would go over later that day to show him how to use it. Traders aren’t know for their patience and this one said that if the employee didn’t come over right away, he would stop using eSpeed and go to the product of their biggest competitor (Broker Tec). The eSpeed employee gets up from his chair and goes across to see the trader. He leaves the WTC all of 10 minutes before the first plane hits and is spared because he is at his client’s office. That client got to use eSpeed’s products without cost for the rest of his career.

melock and goalmouth like this.
  9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Am I wrong in thinking this bodes very badly for the immediate and long-term future of the Republican Party at every level, if their supporters are this out of step with the rest of the populace?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As long as 3rd parties stay out of it and the democrats don't go nominate every former NAACP and Rainbow coalition board member. The trump voter is not rational (they haven’t voted their self interest since Eisenhower), thoughtful or intelligent, they have the foresight of a horny 15 year old boy. IF a dem reminds them of Hillary or Obama they will vote fore trump or a disciple. We’ll see that in Georgia and Florida in November. Those 2 races are the hard test.
    And any 3rd party presidential candidate other than John Kasich will hand the election to trump

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.