1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louis CK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Why Do Men Pressure Women Into Watching Them Masturbate? – Rolling Stone

Alexandra Katehakis, sex therapist and clinical director at the Center for Healthy Sex, tells Rolling Stone that pressuring someone to watch you masturbate is not about sex. “It’s not so much a sexual act as it is an act of violence,” she says. “What the person is getting off on is the humiliation of their target. It’s eroticized rage, expressed in a way that’s really sadistic. And the reaction they’re getting is arousing to them because it’s all about power and control.”

Why someone would commit a non-violent sexual assault such as flashing, rather than a physically violent act like groping or rape, is largely because of self-imposed boundaries. “Typically, a non-violent offender won’t cross that line. Rape is a more pathological act and more criminal. Exhibitionism is a lewd conduct charge; rape is a felony,” she says. “We could say the exhibitionist has more impulse control.”

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think Louis can return to a pretty successful standup career.

TV and film will be a hell of a lot harder... but to all of those who say he's done there, Mel Gibson just starred in a fucking Christmas movie that took in over $100 million in the US.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s almost like he’s trying to kill his career.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

One of my exes (the former full-time standup) told me about this as chatter that was going around a week or two ago. We agreed this could end his career if it ever grew legs. We also agreed that this went beyond the standard transgressive behavior of standup comedy. LCK is a trash human.

Chef2 likes this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Cultivating the maga audience.
    It just may work!

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Oh, well, I laughed.

Thread Status: