1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louis CK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I've never quite understood this whole process of public forgiveness. Do people actually make the conscious decision to forgive public figures? And what's the process? I'm not being flip; I know the dynamic exists, but it's like quicksilver to pin down.
    Seems apparent that the people who are flipping out the most here are the types who would never forgive him. You're right to point out his comment, though; he didn't take a very long time to listen. Now that Lauer fella, we haven't heard from him in a while; why don't we send him to cover the building of the wall on the U.S. border with Mexico.

Didn't CK also jack it in front of Sarah Silverman, who is a friend of his? Bizarre.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Shocking that he sold out six straight on Long Island...

3. CD Boogie

Speaking of Long Island. My gf is from Queens and she refuses to admit that's on Long Island. She's not alone. Every person I know from Queens is adamant that it's part of New York City and is not, under any circumstances, to be associated with Long Island, though geographically it's obviously on the island. Anyway, if you're in NYC this New Year's Eve and want to start a brawl, tell some yutz from Queens that he's from Long Island and watch the fireworks. You're welcome.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ya blame 'em? Most dudes from Long Island look like something off of one of those Evolution of Man posters.

5. CD Boogie

ya mean like Queens' finest, the Gottis?

upload_2018-12-31_13-30-34.jpeg

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Queens and Brooklyn are not part of Long Island, regardless of the geography

Guy_Incognito likes this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"How long?" is up to the general audience, not the diehards, and the general audience is fickle.

But I think atonement is important, or at least making "amends." It's a cornerstone of any 12-step treatment.

Rehab for sex addiction or therapy for inappropriate behavior. A huge donation to a targeted charity. A series of talk show appearances demonstrating contrition.

Not hard to figure out - if you're willing to figure it out. CK clearly isn't. Any crisis management advisor would tell you the same.

Even Judd Apatow agrees. "They want to know if your heart is in the right place."

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

and yet they're on the island...

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Talk show appearances make things better? I can't think of one of those that put my eyes in danger of rolling out of their sockets.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

They can.

jay-leno-600x450.jpg

11. CD Boogie

every time I see Elizabeth Hurley these days, I'm reminded of what an idiot Hugh Grant is.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.