1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I've had a hard time shaking that semi-viral quote from a Trump supporter earlier this week: He's "not hurting the people he needs to be hurting."

Trump supporter complains shutdown is 'not hurting the people he needs to be hurting'

A lot of people voted for Trump because they're hateful. Now they're surprised that he hates them, too.

I will never understand how anyone ever convinced him- or herself that Trump gives the slightest shit about them or the country. It's so fucking weird to me. Trump's rise to the presidency has to be the most obvious, public, and successful grift in human history.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

People have been predicting that for months. Let's not start sucking each others dicks quite yet.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I certainly hope there's big Mueller news coming. But Trump acts this way ALL the time now.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the enemy of my enemy is my friend to own teh libs

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Typefitter-
    I hope Mueller writes a book.
    I don't believe he gives a shit about the news cycle, but would like to know his thoughts about what has been going on.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

How could Pelosi and Schumur turn down a meeting after Trump bought the candy?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You think Fatfuck left any candy after he slammed his fists on the table?

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You need any further proof that existence is meaningless? Trump should be suffering from gout and crippling diabetes by now. The stress of the job, which ages presidents in dog years, should have given him a stroke or a heart attack already. But the motherfucker probably will live into his 80s or 90s.

We are in a Werner Herzog film.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, Trump confirms the story. Which I'm sure he wanted leaked because he didn't want to do the speech and knew it would be a disaster.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Similar to what happened in the off-the-record interview with the New York Times, no?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Forget that what was reported was true.

I really don't like that I'm seeing a lot of this shutdown stuff as a "both sides" deal. There was a deal worked out with the previous Congress that the President renegged on. He signs that. Then the discussion can continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.