1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So your argument is that the FBI was fully controlled by a lone, lifelong Republican (best known for torpedoing the Clinton campaign on behalf of "Trumpland" agents) who somehow got the Bureau to covertly investigate the President out of some political vendetta?

Really, is that the best you can do?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Of course you would, but that's because it would have been Clinton's White House and the party would have been bumpin'.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No, I think Hillary Clinton would have learned current gas prices either via briefing, to which she would have paid attention, or memo, which she would have read. Dumb motherfucker.

garrow likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The guy later claims that the government workers are overpaid based on a low "quit rate." Is there really such a thing and does it really show whether or not the pay for those jobs is too high or not? I don't think so. Nobody uses "quit rate" as a statistic.
    And since when are shutdowns something that goes with the territory when one chooses to work for the government?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does the WH still invite all NCAA championship teams? I think Obama and Bush would have days honoring the Fall, Winter and Spring champion teams - maybe even all the way down to DIII.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

New "novel" in stores tomorrow:

To save America from a catastrophic betrayal, an idealistic young FBI agent must stop a Russian mole in the White House in this exhilarating political thriller reminiscent of the early novels of John Grisham and David Baldacci.

The Night Agent - Matthew Quirk - Hardcover

9. Smallpotatoes

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm sure the players will eat the hell out of that stuff. But there could be one or two who didn't care for it, complain on social media about it, and then that becomes the story.

The media dearly wants to shame Trump for this. (And already has.) Culture and moral shaming is what journalists do best on Twitter. Guy posts the wrong caliber of barbecue on Twitter, and food gatekeepers are all over it. Somewhere along the way, the snobbish, effete standards of upper middle class liberals (and conservatives, I suppose, though they tend to be more "low culture" than liberals) became something close to a universal American standard for adults. That's what the intensive parenting piece in the NYT a few weeks ago was all about - Americans feeling this need to compete with parents with absurd means.

11. Smallpotatoes

I still remember the outrage about kids from the Northwestern women's lacrosse team wearing flip flops to the White House.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Ripped from the headlines!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.