1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

He's clearly not upholding the oath of his office. He's got to go but the Republicans are cowards and he'll continue to ruin this country.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

He's most certainly not "my" dipshit. I despised Trump long before it ever became cool to despise Trump.

I'd guess my views on most issues are about as left as anyone here. I'm just not as mindlessly rigidly liberal-orthodox about it as others here. It amazes me how little people think independently nowadays, they pretend they do, but really their reaction to nearly everything is determined by what they think their "side" says they should think.

And, god, does this thread ever reflect that phenomenon.

FileNotFound and Batman like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Lol no.

xkcd: Sheeple

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

What is the legal machinery involved for McConnell to be recalled as senator?
    I realize his state doesn't have the nerve.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think Trump could "move on" his wife and Mitch wouldn't have a problem with it as long as Trump remains popular in Kentucky.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No recall on federal offices.

He would have to be expelled by the Senate itself, 2/3rds vote

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

As for Mitt Romney calling for Steve King to resign ... it’s a start. I’ll pay more attention if he goes after Trump the way he did before the election. Trump and King are of the same racial mindset. If you go after King, you should go after Trump.

And anxiously awaiting what comes from Mueller. It’s impossible to deny what Trump is doing is exactly what Putin wants.

Need to find out why that is. And why the republicans are in lock-step considering it goes against their previous positions.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This. It's been nice to slam Trump over something that doesn't make me feel like the entire world is a toilet.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

To me, the fast food thing makes me laugh because the candleabra and china was obviously an attempt to "make it classy."

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.