1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Good question.

But we both know he "listens" to no one, and tends to act on whatever was last said to him . . . and whatever is most profitable and/or expedient in the moment.

The result being lots and lots of contradictory impulses and actions. Which makes terrible policy.

Evangelicals Seek Detente With Mideast Muslim Leaders As Critics Doubt Motives

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Screenshot_2019-01-15 Pompeo’s global rapture tour.png

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

some i assume are good people

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

up and at 'em, Ubu!

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Agreed. That’s the basic gist of culture shaming on Twitter - getting likes and cool points.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

"This is why Trump's going to win again."

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Luuuuuuulllllllzzzzzzzzzz

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm old and people have been laughing at Presidents my whole life. There were endless jokes about Ike playing golf. JFK impersonator Vaughn Meader had a gold record. It has nothing to do with social media, that's just a conduit. When a man in a suit poses proudly for a picture in front of 500 hamburgers, he's gonna get laughed at by many. When it's the President under a portrait of Lincoln, he'll get laughed at more, probably even by some of his supporters, because the incongruous is often humorous.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Fast food that was cooked offsite an hour before. I’m surprised he didn’t just roll out some microwaves and some frozen hot pockets, let the boys feel real folksy by cooking it themselves

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Aaaand the Party That Fetishies the Civil War has another of its own.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

are they bringing drugs i like drugs

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why not bomb the caravan before they invade?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The difference is that to make fun of JFK or Reagan or Ford or Obama you needed to create a caricature or an exaggeration of them that took a kernel of truth and stretched it to something ridiculous. The one exception was Nixon, who was a paranoid, dishonest hump. Trump actually makes Nixon look downright dignified. To laugh at Trump, you don't have to turn him into a caricature. Who he is, how he acts, the way he speaks, his level of stupidity and ill-informed bullshit, makes him a joke without the Saturday Night Live sketch doing it to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.