1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"If you want to ruin Giedi Prime, Impeach Harkonnen!"

[​IMG]

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If I was the Democrats, I absolutely would not want him to quit.

The district is 66% Republican. You want King on the ballot in 2020.

Neutral Corner and heyabbott like this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It's going to be a GOP seat through the end of time. Sometimes, it's just about getting a racist piece of shit out of Congress.

Scalise should be on the list, too. The sympathy for him is going to dissipate eventually.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a win-win for the Ds. You pack a district with R voters making easier D margins in other Iowa districts AND you get a poster boy to goose funding when you need it. He's pretty much primary-proof. Hard to campaign to the right of King and anyone running to his left would be portrayed as a RINO apologist.

exmediahack likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Enjoy!

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

who lost their lives!

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Grab him by the pussy!

[​IMG]

heyabbott likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I find this Buzzfeed thing interesting on a couple of levels. The wording of the Mueller response is pretty specific. I'm guessing the information about the perjury came from a third-party source with access to the information and not the Special Counsel's Office. "Law enforcement sources said......" is vague enough to provide a lot of people cover. And if law enforcement sources DID say what the buzzfeed article said they said. It's not wrong - the sources were wrong. My biggest fault with Buzzfeed was not getting an official statement from the SCO, even a no comment (or the response from the office after the article appeared) would have clarified the ambiguity of the source, instead of letting people assume it was a Mueller leak.
    Also - how quick were the traditional outlets in bouncing on A) the original story and B) the SCO statement. In both cases, they seemed to be immediately PROVING something, and then DISPROVING something and they jumpet to "what it all means" so they could bring in the "both sides" argument squad.
    Buzzfeed IS a weird place to find solid reporting on Trump (given their typical homepages) - surprised they don't spin-off the news division or the junky part of it.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yeah.

I'm not sure the Mueller demurral means what people want it to mean.

More than a few careers hanging in the balance in the meantime.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that most of the stern faces in newsroom who demanded, “Are you sure that we can back this up?” have been replaced by folks shouting, “Send!”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.