1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Or a pederast priest will

lakefront likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's bad for Buzzfeed. Of course it is.

But, my goodness, produce the damn Trump report already. The longer this drags on, the less it seems to mean, the more noise gets attached to it, the more it feels like an NCAA investigation that's more fodder for the press and less about anything substantive.

That doesn't mean I think it's not substantive. But, at some point, I mean, produce a report.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That's not right. In fact, it's disgusting.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Apparently he and his boyz are getting
    doxxed to the moon on Twitter. They'll be lucky if their house is still standing when they get home.

5. CD Boogie

Yep, it is. But as someone who was raised Catholic and whose Jesuit prep school was just in the news for employing upwards of 40 priests who molested students in the last few decades, I need to make light of such things or else I might implode

6. Regan MacNeil

Somehow I don't think your post is an acknowledgement of wrongdoing on your part.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Remember, in Summer 2016, it was supposedly the SDNY that was so chock full of vehement anti-Hillaryites that Comey was facing mass rebellion, mass resignations, mass hissy fits or something if he didn't make some statements strongly implicating HRC in some nasty naughty business, even if he didn't file charges. Which of course is exactly what happened and supposedly why Comey made his bizarre, highly
    unusual, nearly unprecedented statement.

Remember, in about 99.3 % of all investigations, if law enforcement decides there's insufficient evidence to file charges, THAT'S IT. No public comment is made.

In about 0.6668 % of the remaining cases, its publicly announced the investigation is over and charges will not be filed.

But about hardly ever ever ever is it announced the case is dropped for lack of evidence, but then the lead investigator launches into an extensive, exhaustive, wide-ranging public discussion of all the questionable things the subject did that ALMOST led to charges being filed.

That almost never ever happens, because it gives the subject's attorneys loads and loads of ammunition for possible grounds for appeals if a case is indeed eventually filed.

But for some reason Comey decided to do it. You know why? I know why.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  8. CD Boogie

My sense — and this might be wishful thinking — is they have the goods and they’re gonna nail this administration to the wall. So they not only need to be right, they need to anticipate the fallout. Remember, the FBI opened an investigation into trump after the comey firing. What’s gonna happen if he’s truly accused of a felony, the evidence is irrefutable and the accused is the head of law enforcement in the US? How do you keep him from doing something devastating in response? Nixon had the good sense to see that he had no play, so he folded; trump won’t fold, he will flip over the fucking table. Knowing that, you have to anticipate. I think that’s why it’s taking so long. One element of it anyway

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  9. CD Boogie

Are you referring to me? If so, I don’t follow your point

10. Regan MacNeil

Oh, I'm sorry for hoping there was a possibility you weren't hoping the kid gets raped or molested by a priest. My mistake.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Right about what? It’s a report. Discovery.

The fallout has nothing to do with Mueller.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The Trump that keeps on Trumping.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.