1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And not answering the teaser question, but posing another one: Who do you suppose might have a motive to leak borderline unsupportable details in a case like this -- not exactly wrong but not really right either, but enough to
    lead somebody in the media to climb out on a limb with a shaky story which could likely blow up and discredit the messengers?

The answer to that one of course is those same little tricksters in SDNY. Not Mueller's people.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Mock the church all you like. They certainly earned that and far more by enabling countless pedophiles for decades and working so hard to cover it all up. I'm not a Christian, but it all certainly angers and disgusts me.

That said, your post did seem to suggest it would be a good thing if that kid was raped by a priest, which is a disgusting comment.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The NYT did not use the words “we apologize.” But that letter after the election was absolutely something. What was it? Why write it?

To Our Readers, From the Publisher and Executive Editor

The point is: Trump reads it as some kind of apology. And, if I’m honest, I do too. It’s bathed obfuscating language and some pointless appreciation of its loyal readers, but I read it as, more or less, “we fucked up.”

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Initially, all you said was "Yep, it is." You added this later:

"But as someone who was raised Catholic and whose Jesuit prep school was just in the news for employing upwards of 40 priests who molested students in the last few decades, I need to make light of such things or else I might implode"

"Yep, it is" is what I was responding to.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It was irony.

CD Boogie likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As anyone who's ever covered a criminal case of significance knows, cops are as gossipy a group as baseball scouts. This applies to the FBI as well. It surely doesn't stretch the imagination to believe that some NYC agents told Buzzfeed more than they really knew and that Buzzfeed went with it after checking with an SDNY source who did the same thing.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Info on the school, not worried about the addy as you are going to have streets named Dixie, down there.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

A pederast priest. Please appreciate the consonance

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

If mueller wasn’t concerned about the ancillary effects of the report, he would have kept quiet about the buzzfeed report. It’s not everyday you’re a SCO that’s on the precipice of taking down a president. He’s coordinating with a lot of people behind the scenes

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You must be a Cleveland State fan.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.