1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The MAGA kid is another example along the lines of Trump's fast-food dinner for Clemson and the "outrage" it provoked. Those of us who can't stand Trump often feel powerless in the face of the overwhelming tsunami of shit he's unleashed. Where do you even begin? The shutdown? The Supreme Court? The border? NATO? The Russian collusion? The financial corruption? Zinke? Miller? Don Jr.? Gorka? It's an absolute cavalcade of misery, like the plastic tides of the ocean. And there's no end in sight. He's getting away with all of it. So occasionally something small happens, but it's finite and manageable and easy to understand and to remedy.

The president got Big Macs for Clemson, what a fucking idiot.

Look at this MAGA kid and his dumb smirk face. Let's ruin his life.

It's a small thing in the scheme of things. It's tiny, tiny, tiny. But you still feel good when you pick a plastic bottle off the beach and put it in the trash. You can tell yourself you made a little difference. It's a minuscule gesture, but it comes in the face of such hopelessness that it seems bigger than it is.

That's what these moments are.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and CD Boogie like this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Every time I see that smirking face it pisses me off.

Then I think this: I want to see his face Monday night, when the family gathers around the dinner table and explains to him that he's been expelled and he's going to have to enroll in public school with the minorities and homos and liberals and Jews.

THAT face should be wonderful.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They say. We won you lost he’s president fuck you. Elections have consequences.

It’s as if 54% of the voters don’t matter. It’s as if if you didn’t vote for him you don’t get to live in a free America. It’s as if their ignorance is the goal.

Actions have consequences. This kid and his friend truly represent his school. Otherwise they wouldn’t be representing their school 1000 miles from home in a school sanctioned counter protest and antiabotion pilgrimage. He is them. Out him

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The song itself, though ambitious, is self-indulgent and meandering. Not even close to their best. Totally agree.

That solo, though, is a work of its own.
    The best part of getting Use Your Illusion I on CD was being able to rapidly and accurately advance through the first 7:09 to get to it.

5. heyabbott

It’s fleeting, unlike hillary’s Emails, this will blow over and he will be a hero in his community. He’ll be a guest on Hannity. He’ll fly free to NY with family for Fox and Comrades. Liberty University will give him a scholarship.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

^ Is that Liz Lemon or Keith Urban?

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife pointed out the gross hypocrisy of the whole MAGA kid incident:
    A group of teenage boys went with their school's blessing to protest against the rights of females on an issue that rarely holds the young males involved accountable.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I still have mixed feelings on abortion but do you think there's just a chance that one or more of those boys from Covington Catholic who showed up to protest against abortion knocked a girl up, then pressured her to have one?

lakefront likes this.
  10. heyabbott

Doubtful. Catholic boys only school don’t get consentually laid until senior year

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not the slightest idea. Now if you change that from knocked up to will knock up ... I'll lay good odds.
    My personal views on abortion don't trump my personal views that as a 47-year-old man, I don't get a say in what a random young woman does with herself. If it's right or wrong, I am not the one she ultimately has to answer to.

HC likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.