1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sure, I'm willing to play both sides of the aisle. It seems to work.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hey, shottie, do you own any cats? If so, hope they are doing well.

We’ve got two, and one has to have eyelid surgery Tuesday, and I’m a bit worried about it. Girlfriend lost her mother before Christmas and an uncle last week, and the last thing she and I need on top of that is a sick kitty.

Anyway, glad to see you still here. Happy new year.
    VB

jr/shotglass likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I did. It shows nothing different from what we already knew. Maybe less emotionally resonant in long form, but the essentials remain the same.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That is what is known as a false take. And I'm done here. Said more than I wanted to in the first place.

Stoney likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

SJ"s left has in many ways become a mirror image of Hannity. Stoney posted a video showing the Indian drummer walking up to the raucous Catholic boys. The kid who stood mere centimeters from the Indian drummer did nothing but stand there and look smug. In fact he was probably the only boy who stood there and made an early attempt to quiet some of his compadres. For all of that, one fact is obvious: all of the breathy behavior began when the Indian drummer approached the raucous Catholic boys. If you're not going to watch the video you should probably STFU.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes

Songbird likes this.
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I watched the fucking video.

You really gonna hang your hat on "He charged them"?

8. RickStain

I saw the video. This take is as hot as it is awful.

9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

And yet the full-length video that I've posted in this thread multiple times shows that Phillips, the Native American drummer, merely intervened in a standoff between the teenagers and the religious group.

The teenagers then took it upon themselves to surround and crowd Phillips and his fellow Native Americans.

At no point did Phillips antagonize, threaten, or insult anyone. He played his drum and sang a song of peace.

But the teens, who were there on a school-sponsored trip to the March for Life event, made a series of choices to escalate this event.

They wore MAGA hats. They engaged the Black Hebrew Israelites and mocked them (and the Black Hebrew Israelites said plenty of hateful things in return). They chanted "build that wall". And they chose to encircle Phillips and the rest of the Native American protesters and behave to the point where Phillips said he felt threatened.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Good thing they all had MAGA caps. Probably the only thing that kept them from getting scalped when that crazed savage charged them.

garrow and RickStain like this.
  11. RickStain

The behavior began when some shitbag weirdos yelled at the MAGA kids and the dumb yokels didn’t know enough not to engage with shitbag weirdos, and assumed they were Muslim because they are racist yokels.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I see what you did there.

Vombatus and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.