1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes, I thought about that after posting and should have written FULL STOP before continuing into the next thought.

I was responding to your response and figured I'd stay in the same text box instead of posting a whole new thought on the shitty reporting.

A post in the hand is worth 2 in the something.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Prediction: this kid gets RBG’d Supreme Court spot

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

remember the Maine

4. Songbird

FULL STOP from Rick Stain lol ...

Per the thousands of tweets and FB posts and mainstream teevee talking heads ... what makes Phillips an "Elder" in the Omaha Tribe? Is "Elder" a title that was conferred upon him for good deeds? Or for simply being older than 50? 55? 60? Where's the follow-up reporting to explain masses WHY Mr. Philips is called an "Elder" in the Omaha Tribe? You'd think the NYT and CNN and WaPo -- outlets which HATE being called #fakenews but do little to avoid that title -- would have by now spun out their fact-laden stories about Nathan Philips the "Vietnam veteran" and "Elder" of the Omaha Tribe. They've had 2 days. Or are they hoping that people don't ask such basic Journalism 101 questions?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Replace "MAGA Kids" with "Muslims" and people would be all over you for stereotyping. The mere act of supporting Trump, much as that saddens me, doesn't make that person a potential domestic terrorist.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Come to the aid of Ukraine . . . for what? They're not Ukraine ships, either.

Both ships were flying Tanzanian flags. The crews included Turkish and Indian nationals.

7. RickStain

I can tell these are good faith questions because you seem to have put a lot of effort into looking for the answers you claim to want.

Dude has his own Wikipedia page. He isn’t that obscure.

8. Songbird

Sort of looks like the Catholic boys and the Black Israelites were basically SJ'ing with each other before "Vietnam vet" and "Elder" Nathan Philips decided to horn in on the raucousness.

9. RickStain

It’s weird that

1) people are pretending that this wasn’t what was reported all along

2) this changes what utter shitbags the kids were revealed to be

10. RickStain

An ironic attempt given that assuming people were Muslim because of stereotyped is how they got involved in the first place.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Make Agalarov Great Again

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

That makes no sense at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.