1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks lf,

She’s got some mass growing on her upper eyelid. It’s been growing, extending downward, but thankfully not really affecting the eyeball itself.

Hopefully turns out to be benign!

Agreed on eventually getting other kitties. I got our second cat from the shelter about three months after we lost my cat back in 2009. I swear, it was as if she was reincarnated. The shelter had even given her the exact same name.

Life is strange sometimes.

Regards,
    VB

lakefront likes this.
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I’ll type slower.

The incident started with the Black Israelite weirdos who try to harass everyone did their crazy schtick in front of the MAGA kids, and the MAGA kids saw dark skin and references to the Middle East and assumed they were Muslim. The kids were too dumb not to acknowledge crazy weirdos and too bigoted to let “muslims” be ignored.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I believe the kid's mother defended him on Twitter, and referred to 'Black Muslims' as the instigators.

4. RickStain

I gotta admit, I expected most of this backlash and gaslighting, but “What About Joe The Plumber?” is a novel spin on the old playbook from the Gateway Pundit crowd. They’re nothing if not incentive

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So you're saying NYT, WaPo, CNN et al should use Wikipedia as the end-all be-all of reporting?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. RickStain

I’m saying that you are lying when you claim to care about the answers

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

If I read you correctly, you don't give a shit if the media shoots first (writes stories uncorroborated by facts) and aims second (checks facts).

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. RickStain

I care about the question, I simply recognize when it is being weaponized to carry water for fascists.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect to get a Phillips biography in the first round of spot news coverage. Especially over a holiday weekend.

I'd expect to get it this week.

12. Songbird

Well, you can believe that but I'm not sure you do.

The so-called Vietnam vet and elder is a media whore.

Ahh, you EXPECT to get it this week. LOL.

If the NYT or WaPo or CNN had a lick of self-respect they'd'a'had all the facts laid out by now.

He's been profiled for the last 19 years ... but you know, Az expects that his REAL story will emerge this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.