1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone has mentioned to Burr that they can override the veto. It's on them as much as it is the President. They are really playing with fire. I know they probably think they can spin anything into at least a "both sides" argument. But it isn't going to take much for this to go seriously bad for all of the Rs.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The important thing is that the white kids are not responsible for their own behavior and the brown guy is because he is a “whore.”

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Ever get around to reading that Wikipedia page?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is how it is done.

Here Are The Six Current Members of Congress Who Voted Against Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday

5. RickStain

I read it the first time. If you're gonna keep lying about me, we have nothing more to discuss.

How'd I know the older articles were there if I didn't ready it? Don't bother answering, it's rhetorical.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Check those "articles" again. Seriously, click around for a bit.

7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

While I agree that he probably would have fucked it up isn't this a sad commentary? How hard can it be for a person, even a moron like Trump to say something nice about MLK? My god the right has come a long way from tan suits and mustard. Crazy.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. RickStain

10. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

No? Songbird is breathlessly trying to pick apart Nathan Phillips' background in this thread. So, by that logic, Covington Catholic's history and the culture the school has created for these kids helps inform us of their behavior over the weekend, too.

11. RickStain

Songbird is following a disingenuous playbook in order to try to obfuscate the issue. I'd rather not follow in his footsteps.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.