1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Strawman

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Said by every public defender on behalf of a wife beater, child abuser, thief, robber, rapist or murderer

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Noticing a lot of clairvoyance, precognition and goalpost moving by the far left wing of si.com on the Covington high story....

Let’s break it down like they would in a court of law over some of the evidence:

— the full video tapes and multiple angles show no crimes committed.

— it also shows a much different story than many on social media alleged.

— despite some posters’ claims there is no way you know what these kids all thought at the time.

— you can’t possibly know that any of these kids is excited or happy or wants this kind of coverage of their lives.

— you can’t possibly know that these kids will become right wing media darlings.

— video and picture from seven years ago students in black face from the same school does not mean these kids seven years later were all being racist. The kids today were not at the school. You are profiling.

OscarMadison, Stoney and daemon like this.
  5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

As a former resident of Northern Kentucky, I can tell you that “CovCath” is acceptable on second reference, in agate and in heds. That’s all I got.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Story this morning on Huffington where Rudy G said lying for Trump will be on his grave stone.
    Good. He, like so many others, had forged a good legacy for themselves in terms of public service, but history will remember them for this. They made a choice.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I was having a conversation with an older church-three-times-a-week guy once who went up there. The more he got into his story, the more I realized he was talking about this like it was the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. My jaw literally dropped.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, but it is an indication of who those people are at this moment.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To your last point, it is evidence of what may be a cultural issue at that school. I say it is what may be because the evidence is very thin.

10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

You are right it may be and the evidence is thin. However, we don’t know what has happened in the past seven years. They may have created new diversity programs. Now, we have seen no evidence they have, but again this is a private school..they likely don’t have the mechanisms to handle anything like this. Actually, it appears their defense is to run and hide.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Seldom a good defense in these matters.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You make some good points.

But this one's pretty easy to dispute.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.