1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't think that kid represents all white people, and I don't think many sane people would make that argument faithfully. He does, however, represent a certain smug white privilege, wherein you get to behave any way you want without consequence. I'm white and I can see that in him, so I can only imagine what people of colour see when they see his face.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If true that it’s school-sanctioned:

A. I got a big problem with a religious school arranging bus trips for political protest. I know the separation of church and state is as laughable as the idea of people having sex for the first time on their wedding night but I’m
    Pretty sure it’s still supposed to exist.

B. There’s no fucking way my Mom agrees to let my 15-year-old ass travel across state lines for this shit. “You’re gonna what? You’re gonna protest in DC? I’m gonna protest that dump you call a room...”

garrow likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Tbh, I generally have him on ignore and didn’t know that I had quoted him. When I posted that response.

In this case, I’ll assume I made perfect sense then

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Has it been without consequence though? His face is EVERYWHERE and now total strangers across the country know his name and are drawing iron-clad conclusions about his character (fair or not) based on a snippet from his life. Those sound like the just consequences of asshole-ish behavior in today's day and age.

Unless you think he should have been charged for a crime or just beaten up, his actions were not consequence free.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, this explanation makes no sense. First off, I can't fathom why anybody would put @Alma on ignore. That statement alone baffles me. Alma may be the single most thoughtful person that still posts here, why would you not want to see his posts?

And you obviously do not have him on ignore today, since you quoted him, and then responded to his post. So, no, you are not making "perfect sense" now, instead this explanation seems rather contradictory and nonsensical.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Birtherism 2: The Sequel!!

Next up: Sexual Innuendo!!

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm all for these kids traveling to a pro-life rally, if that's what they believe in. My daughter is younger than they are and has participated in numerous anti-gun violence and women's rights events. But the dipshits are wearing the hats to identify themselves as exclusionary and to hopefully get a reaction where they can claim to be the victim.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think that kid represents the average trump supporter and being in Kentucky, I’m sure the CovCathSch parents vote overwhelming for Mitch McConnell and had that smug face when McConnell killed Obama’s SCOTUS nominee.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You see a MAGA hat. No expression he could have made --- joy, anger, sympathy, grief --- would have quelled your revulsion.

I get your point.

But "I support the President of the United States of America" is identifying yourself as exclusionary?

We truly have come full circle.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump is an anchor baby. Where are his mother’s immigration papers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.