1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

In the moment, he had no idea what was coming for him. Yes, you could say he's faced consequences now. On that day, he stared down that man and then went off and harassed some girls or whatever. He knew, for instance, that he wasn't going to get punched or arrested. A person of colour would not know that about themselves in that situation.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The President of the United States is a racist. He's a crook. He may be in the thrall of a foreign power. He's worth nothing but contempt, nor are his supporters. Those kids are going to the White House tomorrow. They LIKE being white supremacists. One tip kids. Don't eat the burgers no matter how hungry you are.
    Quick amendment. Laura Ingraham said they were going to meet Trump. Knocked down by at least one White House reporter.

TigerVols and heyabbott like this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Actually you’re right, it doesn’t work that way. Either way, i didn’t see that i had quoted him when I responded.

4. typefitter

That's true. I saw a line of Trumpists for some events in Los Angeles the other day, wearing their stupid gear. I walked past them and said: "You're all a bunch of fucking idiots." I am confident in my judgments, and I'm glad I passed them along to them.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. typefitter

I'm not saying this is what happened, but for me, sometimes you go to reply to someone, and then you think better of it. But when you come back to the little writey box thing to write something else, the quote is still there, and you just miss it.

I'm not sure I've articulated that well.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  7. typefitter

Okay, now you explain why you lifted Dick's "work" from elsewhere and posted it here as your own.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    no crib notes needed for this visit

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I get it. I've actually left the website for a while, come back, went to reply to a different post and saw that the reply I didn't send was still in the box.

10. typefitter

Thank you. And it's in light grey for me, so sometimes I miss it.

I can't even tell you how many things I've written and then not posted.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I guess this is the same "Is it OK to punch a Nazi?" debate. It sounds like that is the consequence you think should have been put upon the kid(s). They certainly didn't do anything worthy of arrest (Thank god being a jackass isn't a crime. My rap sheet ...). And your reasoning for that is a person of color may have been more likely to get punched that day? I don't think there is anyway to know that, or to know that the kid knew he was safe. You're make a lot of assumptions from a two-minute long video.

I think the consequences he is facing now are much worse (and fitting) than a busted lip. Plus, it doesn't give other MAGAs the ability to say "Look how violent the libs are just because of a red hat!"

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

As always, we come back to "supporting the President can't be bigoted because 40% of Americans do that and are you saying that 40% of Americans are bigoted?"

I'm saying 100% of them are, but 40% are steering into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.