1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hence Biden's one-term presidency, and the inclusion Beto as the No. 2 and clear heir-apparent. Unless he wins a Senate race in 2020, or returns to a position of no power in the House, he stands a much better chance of winning in 2024 as a sitting Veep.

I think the Demo base is going to be plenty motivated, especially with Obama campaigning for Biden much more effectively than he did for HRC. I don't think the Dems can win from the far left, have to get to the left-central, like Clinton and Obama did.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Democrats haven't seen an "old white guy" presidential nominee in 15 years. And that old white guy (Kerry) was 61. White guy before him (Gore) was 52. White guy before him (Clinton) was 46.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Devin Nunes removes his head from Trump's rear to say hi.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Biggest problem with Biden or Bernie - people already know them. The Dems haven't elected a President with a strong national profile in 50 years (Carter was an unknown Gov., Clinton was an unknown Gov., Obama was a rookie Senator). The party likes "new blood" that hasn't built up a lot of scar tissue and bad votes/decisions yet.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The difference with Biden as the old white guy is that people loved him as VP and I think a lot of the party wanted to see him get the nomination as an extension of Obama's presidency. If he's in the race he isn't going to suffer eldery fatigue.

Now the other golden oldies, male or female, are going to have trouble, unless their VP candidate shines.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."

What'd be the upshot?

I mean, good words. How's it translate practically?

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

melock likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Good question. For one (of many) things, it probably includes ending abortion. I’m comfortable saying Christ would be for that. Is that your definition of love? Probably not. That’s what I mean by upshot.

So the question about Gay’s words still stands. What’s this accommodation - since she thinks these Covington kids have somehow been accommodated in all this - look like? What do you think it looks like? I’m not saying I disagree. I’m saying, OK, good words, what’s the action attached to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.