1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

So I think Mayor Buttigieg is a really compelling candidate. Veteran, charismatic, has done a great job in South Bend, etc.

However I think there may be a bigger stumbling block to his national candidacy than his sexual orientation.

Have we ever elected a president with a non-phonetic last name? Think about it: Eisenhower is about as complicated as it gets. Even Barack Hussein Obama is spelled like it sounds and practically rolls off the tongue.

Buttigieg (pronounced boot-edge-edge for those just now learning about him) will always suffer from literal name recognition.

However, he would be a fantastic 2020 VP candidate, if for no other reason than to watch a gay veteran who is popular in Indiana debate Mike Pence.

garrow likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As true as that is - or should be, in an ideal circumstance - folks still pre-judge one another.

How we get to that content-of-their-character world imagined by Dr. King, I don't know.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, CNN has dropped the Shutdown Clock from it's homepage.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If it's Biden vs. Trump . . . I'm voting for Novichok.

Good. Seeing as the shutdown has included eight weekend days and three holidays, on which days the government would have been basically closed anyway.

5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

agree

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Well, 33 days in, the message is TRUMP DOESN’T CARE!!!
    He stiffed contractors before
    He doesn’t mind doing it now

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Just a reminder, no shutdown has included two paydays. POTUS shattering more norms!

garrow likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He probably thought the T stood for Trump.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Would you, could you on a boat?

Could you, would you with a goat?

12. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

What the hell is with the commas in that story? Missing in one spot, then later in an unnecessary spot.
    "I just put confederate flags all over their hands, on their face, wherever they wanted it. During lunch they had the police, the principal, the vice principal, Mr. Smith all of the deans and they were all telling us we either had to wash it off or go home," said Fayetteville High School student, Morrigan White.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.