1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Another reason why Trump loves Russia.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No sales tax (VAT already included in the price) and a 13 percent flat income tax, too.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

try them try them you will see
    i don't believe you sarah huckabee
    sanders the colonel from kfc
    the best kind is that extra crispy
    with potatoes and gravy it tastes so nice
    i love every one of those 11 herbs and spice
    s is a letter that i can't say
    a coke-numb tongue gets in the way

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Where in the fuck in this country is a Big Mac $5.58? Hawaii?

Sea Bass likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TV copy, man. They probably just typed in the script without any editing.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump: Rhymin & Stealin

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm anti-capital punishment but, then, millions of Christians are. I don't think the same number of progressives - or anywhere close - are anti-abortion rights, but, who knows.

Anyway, yeah, I'm not sure I agree with Gay's premise - that people were unusually expansive or accommodating with these kids when, in fact, millions have vilified them. If you tracked all that transpired over the weekend and concluded "boy, did those Covington kids get off easy," I mean, you're coming from a place I'm not. Which is fine.

And there's a circularity to it, right, of, well, if I don't get it, then I don't see it, and I'm not woke or understanding of the plight, and so I'm part of the problem. Which, generally, is my overarching concern for how we discuss race in America.

Further, there's an argument about how we resolve systemic differences. Is it through relationships? Or is it through policy changes? Or do we say it's through relationships until policies don't sufficiently change, after which it returns to: OK, here's the terms.

America remains a fundamentally individualist country. You do you. And yet there's some systemic overhaul that has to happen for the greater good of everyone.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The planes he sends to Moscow with the one metric ton of $1000 bills he orders Mnuchin to print out for him every day just load up with Big Macs for the return trip.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I don't think the Covington kids got off easy. Their chaperones probably have.

And the process of their restoration to polite society is well along. In fact, they'll be martyrs to "political correctness" and social media and the "leftist" press by the end of the week.

As to the rest of your post, which I know is offered honestly, and the complications of acting on behalf of our better angels, I refer you back to my first post on the matter.

How do we get anyone to act on the Great Commandment? Relationships? Policy? Both? Neither?

People need to be better people. And always have.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Go Colonels!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.