1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You know, if we start demanding DD-214s from every veteran before deciding which ones get our respect (or discounts at restaurants) we're going to be doing a whole damn lot of paperwork.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just so I'm clear about the thinking - the only Vietnam veterans we should revere are those who served on the front lines or saw combat? I honor all veterans who chose to wear the uniform to serve our country. And anyone who knows much about the military, is they pretty much tell you what you are going to do and where you are going to go. Not a lot of choice involved.
    The National Guard folks? You can say what you want about them - also those who dodged by getting medical deferrals.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Diminishing the optics of the presidency to own the libs. Oh no please don’t hold the SOTU from some shithole state house. That sure would own us

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The fact that he said “Vietnam times” and some reporters made the gaffe or calling him a Vietnam vet is being played as a serious gotcha shows that they know they were wrong.

I see it in my little kid nephews and nieces all the time. When caught being a shitbag, you’re only option is to go on the attack.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Live from Kentucky's Covington Catholic High School, it's the 2019 SOTU Address, brought to you by Burger King. Special guest National Assembly President Juan Guaido!"

It begins with Metallica's "Enter the Sandman" being pumped into the gym. MAGAboy comes in and silently stares at a cardboard cutout of Elizabeth Warren for 10 minutes before Trump takes the stage.

"Hey, folks, I just thought of this. Do you know what SOTU stands for? Students Of Trump University."

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

What isn't being reported is that the WH has quietly called back workers for several agencies it now considers "vital" that seem to particularly align with their voter base.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Without pay

11. DanOregon

Not paying what you should "means their smart." according the President.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Never mind everything else: I have no idea how he's allowed to shut down the government, and hold 800,000 federal employees hostage, over a wall that hardly anybody wants. It's total, total madness. The Republicans should be totally ashamed of themselves. They've tied their party to an absolute shithead. Hope it sinks them forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.