1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If there were still DJs or newspaper columnists, I'm sure one of them would have come up with some profound way to share your disappointment with the shutdown. If it were a garbage strike you could just drop your garbage at city hall, maybe an army of campers around the capitol? Something akin to the Whiskey Rebellion or some thing. I figure if it wasnt' so cold people would just go to DC for a mall-wide sit in.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

BANG YOUR HEAD! METAL HEALTH WILL DRIVE YOU MAD!

Nowadays it's considered quaint hard rock but, yeah, for its time it was baby's first metal. To your ears' credit, Quiet Riot's music was a steaming shitburger. Randy Rhodes' cup of coffee with them in their early years wasn't enough to imbue them with a meaningful level of talent or creativity. Also released at that time:

Metallica - Kill 'em All
    Queensryche - Queensryche
    Slayer - Show No Mercy (very different than the Slayer we came to know and love)
    Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
    Dio - Holy Diver
    Mercyful Fate - Melissa

All of the above were taking off and Quiet Riot was at its apex.

And I bet Prince could have fit in with any of the above-mentioned bands. He was supernatural on the guitar.

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Let that little fucker go back to obscurity where he belongs, please.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You mean smirk boy?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Got a robocall from Trump today. I hung up before I heard much, but afterwards I realized it's the first robocall I've received from him or any president. (I did get his nationwide text message on the emergency warning system several months ago, but that was a different kind of weird.) I didn't find any reporting of this online, only references to calls he made for candidates (including Alabama's Roy Moore), which seems a little more normal than one now. Am I just lucky to have missed out on calls that others have been getting, or is this a new thing?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

[/crossthread]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.