1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Forget it, he's rolling.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Jake from State Farm likes this.
  2. Starman

I'll try that at Mickey D's tonight.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We really need to stop electing born-rich people.

Smallpotatoes and TowelWaver like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

“National emergency” has long seemed like the best way out of this, to me anyway. He declares an emergency and gets to feel powerful and good.

There will be lawsuits before he finishes his signature. He’ll lose. The end.

1. Government reopens
    2. No one looks like they gave up
    3. Trump can tell his base he tried and it’s now the fault of the dirty judges
    4. There’s no wall

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I wonder why they strayed from this plan a few weeks ago when it seemed to be heading that way. They tacked on 10-15 more days to watch this shitty brain dead bill die in the senate?

8. Starman

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Watch this clip. Kudlow was arguably worse here than Ross's "I don't understand why they go to food banks". Arrogant bastard.

He says of the people coming in to work while not being paid "They honor us by their service. And they do it because of their love for the country and respect for the office of the president."

Of course, they also do it because they'll be fired if they don't. This is not volunteerism, it is extortion. "Nice little civil service career you have here, it would be a shame if something happened to it."

garrow likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've long thought they were a bigger issue.

Then again, to the left and the media, they only seemed to become "the real problem" after the kids weren't quite the villains everyone made them out to be.

It's stunning how much of a story this was. To me, it's still more about newsrooms across America having a ton of millennials in Web jobs who aren't very good journalists and think about traffic than news judgment.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that Mitch is at full IDGAF mode. He can’t get re-elected without feeding the Trumpers so he will let him wither on the vine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.