1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

What is the definition of “financial pain?”

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not being able to buy the basics. Your rent/mortgage is jeopardy. You are totally scrimping on food. How am I going to make my car payment?

My only point is that I have friends who are in that situation.

Some of us have a ton saved up. Some of us have two weeks saved up. Some of us are fucked if we go a week without pay.

I just think Wilbur Ross isn't the guy who should be telling people working FOR FUCKING FREE that they should just, fuck it, grab a loan with interest so they can survive.

3. Human_Paraquat

Consumption and debt.

Go wherever you want for college and borrow the money. Everyone does it. Don’t worry if that’s a practical decision for the career you choose (assuming you can get that job).

Go for the new car and if the payments are too high, stretch it over as many years as possible.

Buy a house and pay the PMI if you have to because only a sucker pays rent and builds up theor cash savings.

When you’re stressed out from all of the above, take a vacation and put it on your credit card(s). And that TV/phone/other gadget because the one you have is two years old.

So if a federal employee did all of the above — which is the norm in our culture — yes, two weeks without a paycheck probably seems like an eternity.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  4. Human_Paraquat

I would definitely agree advising people in financial strife that they can borrow their way out is probably the worst possible advice.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Resting bitch face.

Webster likes this.
  6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think I could make it two months - but only because of a disciplined savings plan over the last few years.
    If there's anything these people have taught us it's to be prepared when everything goes tits-up.
    Many times in the past I'd have been fucked even missing one paycheck.

My fervent hope is for a full asset forfeiture when all of this is sorted out so Lara Trump will know what it's like always to have one's lips just above the water line.
    There's always that hope.
    Of course there are other hopes for her as well.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

At least his eyes are open ... Shaun!

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sadly, I've been pondering the same circumstances. My wife travels a lot for work, and will be heading through Atlanta at least twice next week — during Super Bowl week, no less — when the airport is getting hit with a lot of call outs. In addition, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, we're heading to Disney in February with a 3- and 6-year-old. I'm worried that air travel could result in the death of one of my loved ones for the first time in my life and, sadly, it's because of political reasons and not a simple fear of flying.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

You forgot about having an expensive wedding, because you deserve it, and the wedding is more important than the marriage anyway.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers for Trumpist hero Roger Stone.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.