1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We will have great security.
    The Ds are all down with that.
    Importing some interns to applaud that thing was kind of lame.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

should i tell all the puerto rican mexicans surrounding my house that they need to go back home to honduras now

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Pelosi 2, Trump 0

garrow, HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

I don't doubt there are factions in all three categories, but you're ignoring the fact that the last decade in American politics has been an ever-increasing reaction against the traditional ruling class, starting with Obama's primary victory over Clinton, proceeding to the Sanders/Trump surges of 2016, and now continuing with the meteoric rises of folks like Beto and AOC. Anybody who sincerely wants to see this country back on a rational, sustainable course is foolish to ignore the fact that the majority of the discontent regarding Pelosi stems from her being a 78-year-old multi-multi-millionaire whose personality does not exude the sort of "authentic" vibe that energizes people with the belief that she is truly working in their interest. It isn't racism. It isn't misogyny. It's frustration at the realization that the moneyed interests are the ones who have overseen the fracturing of America into two distinct economies and societies, and that those who have long represented those moneyed interests can not be trusted to take the steps necessary to put the bottom 95 percent back on a path of economic progress.

Really. That's it. Pelosi probably doesn't get her due as a politician. Her strengths in politics get overlooked. But that's mostly because people are tired of politics. On the left. On the right. They want representation.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

I've said for awhile the Dems House leadership, Senate too - is "off-brand" much whiter and more male than the party it is supposed to represent - not to mention way out of the demographic - that said, if something works and well serves those it is charged with representing, I'm okay with that. I'm still concerned about who will lead the party in 10 years.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was just coming here to post this. What a dipshit. Nixon is not the person I would be invoking here unless he's telegraphing a possible dime being dropped on his main man Trump. If that's the case, cool

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The whole duct tape thing creepily drifted into Trump’s snuff film fantasy along the way.

11. DanOregon

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Trumpists sure are quiet around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.