1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

To your first question, there is none. The entire reason Trumpists *want* the wall is so they can want something that Democrats don't want. It's creating a pointless controversy to trigger the libs.

To your second question, what's an everyday American?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

When the initial thesis is, "We are being overrun by dirty rapists, drug dealers, criminals and human-trafficking raping filthy job stealers who deal drugs and rape hide your kids hide your wife!" you will never feel secure enough. You might, however, have really enjoyed being backstage at a Ted Nugent show in 1978.

Cosmo and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I guess I'd add that someone needs to demonstrate things have actually gotten worse at the border. Or worse in the states where most immigrants wind up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lly-commit-more-crime/?utm_term=.d60c6e1f0461

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I am not smart enough to know the answer to this question. I do feel pretty confident that Dems want stronger border security and understand that a wall can be effective at certain points along the border. But as I understand the issue, there are many other tools that will be more valuable in this fight. Let us not forget that "the wall" was never intended to be "a wall". Trump is just to stupid to understand this point. And lets not get started on the stupidity and ignorance of trumpists. So yeah, maybe nothing will satisfy both sides.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I thought it was interesting to note that the whole "women with duct tape on their mouths" fantasy he recounted was entirely off-script. I could see a reflection of the teleprompter in a window. It stopped when he started riffing on vans and duct tape and turning right at the fence and how human trafficking is worse right now than at any point in human history. Then he paused and the prompter started rolling again.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We don't need to spend an extra dollar on better border security because we don't have a border security problem. Border security has been getting better for decades. It's an entirely made-up issue.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Man cave.

9. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

More chess.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think 2017 and 2018 taught us that it's impossible to underestimate Trump.

Sea Bass likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.