1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

That was the main one. It seems like I've heard a couple of other ruby reds floating the same thing, so ultimately it won't matter.
    That and the Electoral College was why I was able to vote none of the above in 2016 with a clear conscience. I knew which way my state was going without question, so my vote was irrelevant.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I really don't think congressional Republicans will willingly stick their dick in the woodchipper again. Trump's second try at a shutdown is going to fall flat, because as soon as it is seriously proposed the phones will ring off the hook.

I think that there will be a legit attempt at writing a bipartisan bill and pass it. Add in Pelosi pushing a bill to forbid any further shutdowns forever, and that would be a huge loser for the Republicans, now and in 2020. You know that McConnell is not going to want any part of trying it again.

I mean, seriously, does anyone think that the House D's won't use the exact same tactics? Raise hell about the idea, warn that they will not bend to extortion by shutdown this time either, and then refuse to pass anything at all as long as the government is shut down.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Could be an issue if he runs as an independent. But, fingers crossed the country learns that the whole “businesses running the country” is total bullshit and a complete disaster.

FileNotFound and garrow like this.
  4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

This is great. Even if there was some truth to this and even if every single person voted in 2016, which Trump is shockingly neglecting to mention is not the actual allegation — even if Texas had really discovered 50,000!!!! illegal immigrants had illegally voted...

And all 50,000 voted against Trump...

It would be just 1% of the 5,000,000 he claims voted illegally for Hillary in 2016.

So, that means there would only be 4,950,000 illegal votes still to be found OUTSIDE of Texas.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's zero constituency for Schultz. Well, maybe a few of the feebler touts on CNBC. People's attitudes towards the CEO class have changed.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

The GOP Very Serious People can go eff themselves.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Welcome to Maryland.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And where do you think the rest of that $60 million is going?

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Moderate Republicans were exterminated in about 1982-83.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"OK, OK! We'll take our missiles out of Turkey in six months. Just don't tell anyone that we're doing it so you'll get yours out of Cuba . . . or else!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.