1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I guess that explains the Republicans strong showing in the recent mid-year elections in states with large Latino populations like Nevada, California and Arizona. I suspect the poll is wrong.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's not a gullibility problem, it's a masculinity problem. Too many men want to behave like Trump. They want to run their mouths without consequence. They want power and money. They are disappointed with their lives and want one where they can do and say whatever they want.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

ESPN used to do that 24 hours of basketball stunt annually for a few years. That was where they would show NEC games at 6 a.m.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

So many of my right wing friends loved the narrative that Obama watched sports all of the time and didn't work hard. It's just depressing that Trump would just make shit up.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The next president will say, pointing to everywhere in the White House: "this is where Trump would give tours and tweet nonsense rather than do anything productive."

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

“In Trump world, everybody lies. Everybody doesn’t tell the truth. At the end of the day, they are all lying. I don’t know how Mueller can believe anybody,” said Louise Sunshine, a longtime executive with the Trump Organization.

9. heyabbott

Your right wing friends and mine were and are in favor of hard conservative policies, both substantive and social, like anti-abortion. Their Achilles Heel was they actually thought trump was equivalent evil to Hillary. And for that they should burn in hell as shouldinnovent generations of their progeny.
    But Abortion drives this mess, followed by guns’ rights. Middle America right-trash wants its guns and to impose its religious beliefs on others. Not that they actually practice Christianity. That is the trump core from the lower class whites. The upper class whites its just FUCK YOU I GOT MINE.

If there was open carry, antiabortion democrat or republican who wanted to raise taxes on the wealthy and unearned income,provide a federal stipend to teachers, believed in climate change and have universal health care, they would win 360+ electoral votes and 60% of the vote

10. heyabbott

There were deep fissures between Republican leaders and the president on certain issues. Perhaps most notably, Trump had won the presidency by bucking decades of Republican orthodoxy on free trade. He’d also shunned the business wing of the GOP—of which Ryan and McConnell were both card-carrying members—because he believed they preferred lax immigration laws that undercut the wages of American workers. Trump was malleable in many policy areas, but not on immigration and trade. On those two issues, he had been remarkably consistent for decades. He believed deep in his bones that he was right and viewed his election—with those two issues front and center—as his vindication. Cliff Sims ‘Mean as a Snake’: When President Trump Met the Real Mitch McConnell

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How many white people voted for him when his policies were clearly not in their best interests?

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.