1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The point was that you assumed voters like you were important because they are like you.

2. RickStain

Every time Schultz opens his mouth, he sounds more like a never-Trump conservative. I have zero concern about him pulling votes away from the Democrat. The pundits who couldn’t wait to write that story are deeply out of touch with the Democratic base

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. RickStain

A centrist isn’t winning the nomination. The primary is gonna be a race to the left

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It means that the criticism of somebody deciding to run that way is valid. Just because somebody has the right to do something doesn't mean he has the right to be free from criticism. Of course they should be allowed to run. That you suggested I meant otherwise is a straw man that has no place in this discussion.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I've read a few different accounts of this story, one of which ended with the assailants saying "This is MAGA country." I feel like that part of the story, at least... might not prove exactly true.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I agree. This story seems a bit off. We shall see.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is interesting that despite most people describing themselves as "independent" not a member of either or a party - people are clearly mostly on one side or the other. I do think a lot of the disillusioned Trump voters in the Midwest would vote for him - enough to swing the election to Trump.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yeah. Pretty hard to believe as anything other than a cover story for something else.

That said.

Take the initial report seriously. Investigate.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    lakefront likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump won PA-MI-WI by a combined 70,000 votes. If disillusioned Trump voters go for Schultz, Trump LOSES votes. How does this help him?

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Schultz is able to pull from the "hold their nose" Hillary voters as well. I think Schultz's message would play in the Midwest and could pull votes from both sides if the D nominee is considered too far left. Though from what I've seen, Schultz's biggest problem is I think he's pretty unlikeable. As much as people talk about policies - the next President will be the one who connects with people the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.