1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Unless the poster is using celsius, then it's a nice balmy 122.
    EDIT: You can make the conversion on Google.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

goalmouth likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

IIRC, there are swing voters, the suburban college educated voters, who voted Trump; along with lower income rural voters.

The hope is that those voters will recognize that Trump is a liar who only had an empty slogan (MAGA) and a disaster for their quality of life.

I believe that if the Dems can provide a candidate who is truthful and presents viable solid ideas to make their lives better, those voters will vote Trump out.

I never thought Clinton could defeat a sitting president. It can happen.

You can disagree that’s fine but that’s my view.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If Schutz is serious about making a run, he needs to learn right away how to get on the ballot in all 50 states. That's one of the issues Anderson had to deal with in 1980. The system is geared toward the parties (and as we saw in the midterms, some more than others). And you thought 2000 was bad, what about the potential flustercluck of counting thousands of write-in ballots?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's a different argument. I think part of the sentiment comes from Democrats just assuming some stupid or crooked thing will happen to keep President Trump in office because they don't think he can win again on merit.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the reasons you see such momentum for the Green New Deal, a tax hike on the rich and Medicare for All is the idea that any Dem will beat Trump. Making those issues essential to winning the nomination, puts more pressure on all candidates to buy in. And when/if they win make it more likely they will be on top of the To Do list. Of course, the Senate will have something to say about that...

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This is as good a place as any for this. I took this picture myself about 20 minutes ago. It's either ignorance or stupidity, I don't know which.

upload_2019-1-29_13-50-38.png

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Schultz is a billionaire motherfucker who wants to cut Medicare and Social Security. We'll start with that.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Well, that's a window that needs to get smashed.

Inky_Wretch and BadgerBeer like this.
  11. Starman

12. Starman

Like Trump, we in the sports business have some additional clues on Schultz's modus operandi from the experience of how he ran his sports franchise: he took a generally successful franchise with great tradition and a strong fanbase, and fucked it over by playing the arena-extortion game to screw taxpayers out of hundreds of millions of dollars, then washed his hands and walked away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.