1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not a shocker. Jill Stein is a freakin loon.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

God cheats at golf too

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That’s ‘cause he can’t hit a 1-iron.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Funny thing about the U.P. is that the Great Lakes mitigate these sorts of cold snaps, to a degree. I'm in Duluth and even though we were well under -20 ambient this morning, liquid water on Lake Superior can be seen rather easily from shore. The thing about thermodynamics is that a lot of energy is necessary to heat or cool an amount of water that big (which is why temps will be 10-20 degrees colder than expected near the lake in May and June). Anyway, it's worse in northern and western Minnesota and the Dakotas then it is here.

Thankfully, my car started with relatively little debate today to go to the gym, and as much as we like to bitch about things, we do build for such things. The downtown buildings here and in both Minneapolis and St. Paul are connected by an extensive system of skyways. Same goes for the university, which is closed, but Minnesota Duluth's academic buildings are all internally connected. Walking around there can be a pain because sometimes you leave a building without knowing it. There are warming shelters and public help for folks who are in need. It's not ideal but as I've heard repeatedly discussed this week, it's still probably preferable to hurricanes.

Hermes likes this.
  5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

WTF is wrong with that guy?

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Is there anything right with him?

7. Smallpotatoes

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

He is the conservative intellectual. I know he is really smart but wtf? He says plenty of really dumb shit.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Land cools four to five times faster than water, said my 8th grade social studies teacher, probably the only thing I remember from junior high. (He was a retired Marine, built like a five-foot six-inch, 220-pound bowling ball, who could jump onto a desk two feet at a time from a standing start.)

11. Smallpotatoes

Is he really smart?

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.