1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the NY law only allowed late-term abortions if the mother's life was in danger?

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I think it was 25% of the trump voters, not all of them. So in a way she was spot on and maybe 5% short.

I see her quote was 50% but I had assumed she meant out of real conservatives and not just trump voters.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Then the Democrats need to come up with someone who can win regardless of a third party/independent candidate. Those votes are not theirs to be siphoned off.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think you are right, but don't let facts get in the way of a good misleading argument!

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How many women do you think are going to carry a baby to full term and then abort it?

2muchcoffeeman and lakefront like this.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't think an "assclown" takes a few coffee shops and turns them into the Starbucks empire. He's certifiably smarter than Trump, who has just used other people's money to build whatever he wants to call his business model. Also, unlike Trump, Schultz wasn't handed anything by a rich father. His upbringing was just as humble as Bill Clinton or Obama.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yes, and she was telling the coal folks what she wanted to do about it.
    “And we’re going to make it clear that we don’t want to forget those people. Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories. Now we’ve got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels, but I don’t want to move away from the people who did the best they could to produce energy that we relied on.”

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You're right but the Virginia law also takes into account a woman's "mental health." Whatever that's supposed to mean.

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.