1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Her opinion of what she wants to do with her body? Absolutely. Being pro-choice means exactly that. It's pro-choice. Not pro-abortion.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I want you to draw a line from what you said to what I said, because it's sure as heck not obvious. It feels like this is a line you have in your pocket for a different but tangential argument.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I took your comment to mean white men shouldn’t have an opinion on abortion (unless, presumably, he’s a doctor consulting with a woman.)

I’m asking what you’d do in a conversation with a woman who’s staunchly anti-abortion - that is, against other women having abortions, too.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No I meant a woman who’s against other women having abortions as well. Or against in almost all cases.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why don’t you let the individual decide what is best for herself?

Driftwood and BadgerBeer like this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

She has every right to feel that way. She does not have the right to impose her choice on everyone. I'm anticipating the rhetorical judo you're about to employ, so please, go ahead.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

She’s perfectly welcome to be anti-abortion. She can choose to give birth every time she is pregnant if she wishes.

Where the issue lies is when she demands laws that impose her opinion on other women who disagree with her.

heyabbott likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He was stupid enough to take that job having seen what happened to those who went before. Screw him.

garrow and heyabbott like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, one could argue that, with a life at stake, an individual shouldn’t have unilateral sovereignty to decide.

But that depends on whether you see it as a life or not.

But that wasn’t really my question.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes, it is where the issue lies. And so I am asking: If a woman expressed that opinion, does Rick Stain correct, like a proper progressive would, or keep his yap shut?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.