1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

I’m a Pro-life Republican who thinks conservatives often turn to abortion because they’re losing in so many other ways. Catholic votes are sold cheaply to politicians such as Trump and the result is bad for the country because it gives buffoons such as Kobach and King power and it’s bad for the religion because it is now tied to people who are unworthy.

lakefront likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Republicans aren’t pro-life, by definition. They are anti-abortion. Pro-life means a safety net of medical care including guarentees pre-natal care and post delivery care for women. Guarantees complete medical coverage for children and parents. You can’t be pro life if you are unwilling to. Are sure children are cared for, even if you have to,support it via taxes.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Donald has said repeatedly that nobody can ever know what the truth is, so this is just part of his fucked-up worldview.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So it's about 50-50, then? ;)

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Religion is an obstacle placed between man and God.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. heyabbott

The obstacle is god’s Creation of cancer, rape, genocide, slavery and famine

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Unworthy of what

Catholic Church in Texas Names Nearly 300 Priests Accused of Sex Abuse

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Intentional.

9. heyabbott

Anyone but trump. Shit, I voted for Hillary already. Unless it’s Al Sharpton, I can’t see anyone I wouldn’t vote for against trump

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What's going to make the Democratic primary race last a long time is that all of the so-far declared candidates are broadly acceptable to Democratic voters as are the yet unannounced ones that Klobuchar and Biden. So those voters are liable to split in many different directions. The only one who would generate much resistance is Bloomberg. No billionaires, please.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think Harris will quickly surge to the top so long as the LGBT community can accept her. That nonsense appeal - in which Harris thought kinda/maybe thought a second degree murderer didn’t need a gender confirmation surgery paid for by taxpayers - is really the only snafu to navigate.

Her relationship with Willie Brown - which clearly, helped her career, the very anthesis of how women are supposed to rise in business - is already being repackaged as a woman being glamorous and adventurous, living her best life.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'd rather see a lot of horses in the race rather than the flustercluck of going all-in with Clilnton too early last time.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.