1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Uh oh, Ubu, none of this is true, 'boo.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Worth noting that 'Trump folds' is always the endgame.

lakefront likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

We have about 40 vacant ambassadorial positions around the globe. Doesn't that make it harder to get foreign leaders to dig up dirt on Trump's enemies?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd imagine it's the opposite, if anything. I realize that ambassadors are political positions, and most people who fill those kinds of positions wouldn't stand up to the criminal-in-chief. But without an ambassador in place, Rudy conceivably can just fly around the world doing his thing without having to deal with people who might raise alarm bells.

garrow likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Gotta admit, I didn't see "abandoning the Kurds" coming as the thing that would cause Graham to make his first negative comments about the President in years.

garrow likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"If press reports are accurate ..." mofo can't read Trump's tweets and the official news release?

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He's such a calculating weasel who will abandon any principles he supposedly has, that I am sure there is more to the equation than any of us realize.

This is just me spitballing, but I'd imagine the problem for any of those senators and congressmen defending the charlatan, is that they don't know what is still going to come out, what new whisleblower will appear with what info, or what story is going to appear in the Washington Post later in the day that will destroy the smokescreen they were laying on the public earlier in the day.

Maybe Graham is starting to cover his bases. He won't call the president a criminal, so it might be easier to distance himself by starting with a "policy" disagreement.

bigpern23 and Jesus_Muscatel like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

12. Inky_Wretch

Can't even bother to tell our two strongest allies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.