1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Same with my area. We have enough negative political ads going on now, now the Republicans are running an ad with the rep's office phone number to call. I gotta see this and isn't even my rep, but someone from a neighboring district.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Don't disagree. Just don't ever remember seeing these in non-election years in the past.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

With all the money being raised to run for President, the Dems really should have had someone start a PAC that would have been encouraging people to call their representatives/Senator and ask them if they're ok with the President's behavoir, immigration policy, and self-dealing with the Ukraine. The GOP runs these ads all the time - dark money funded hit jobs. And I imagine for a lot of Fox viewers who never see an opposing point of view - catching one of these ads during a break of NCIS or Dancing with the Stars might be effective.

garrow likes this.
  4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what in the world are you talking about here?

Bush Backs Ban in Constitution on Gay Marriage

Voters pass all 11 bans on gay marriage

Where does the line between "getting gay marriage bans on the ballot in 11 states to drive turnout in the 2004 election" cross over into actual hatred? Because he didn't advocate sending gay people to reassignment camps like Pence?

I'm baffled by this statement.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The constitution amendment even passed in Oregon. Bill Clinton advocated for the Defense of Marriage Act - even Obama wasn't exactly leading the charge for gay marriage - if anything Biden let the cat out of the bag and forced the administration's hand.
    With most issues - the impact on individuals isn't the priority - it is what will help them politically. A lot of people thought civil unions would be "enough." Once people realized the ground wouldn't open up and swallow Vermont whole - they realized gay marriage wasn't the terror that they were told it was.

Book: W.H. scrambled after Biden gay marriage comments

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

My phone call was perfect. Now, I'm just gonna block everyone from testifying about it after failing to bury the record of it.

[​IMG]

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just because I'm old school ...

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would love to know what newspaper he's reading there.
    It actually looks like the NY Post.

garrow likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Obama did it, so it must be reversed.

Treasury Department officials are considering rolling back a tax rule aimed at preventing American companies from moving money offshore to avoid U.S. taxes, according to several people familiar with discussions.

Trump Weighs Weakening Obama Rules to Curb Corporate Inversions

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Hey Trump: Obama didn't resign.

matt_garth likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.