1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Impeachment for THAT?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Paying them back for the help on D-Day, I guess.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If she'd said that - I didn't really think about it - that would have been one thing. She didn't. Not really. She tried to say she didn't think she ever disagreed with it despite being in a party that absolutely - vocally - did.

Warren struggles with honesty in that way. It got her with the Native American issue, too. Had to take a blood test, do a mini-documentary, all that, all because a moron challenged her pride. Warren grew up, I suspect, in such unforgiving circumstances and that conceding weakness, or tolerating much criticism, is not a strong suit.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

It appears as if Yovanovitch is taking Trump to the woodshed if her opening statement is any indication.

garrow likes this.
  5. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

My desire for a Mayor Pete-Pence debate is less about intellect or ability — though I think Buttigieg would holds his own. It’s about Pence sitting across from a former constituent whose rights he tried to limit and whose identity he clearly does not respect and forcing him to answer.

lakefront and Baron Scicluna like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don't recall the Saudis at Normandy .

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

but if he doesn't respect pence's faith then they are both teh bad people so it's a wash

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep.

With respect to Mayor Giuliani, I have had only minimal contacts with him—a total of three that I recall. None related to the events at issue. I do not know Mr. Giuliani’s motives for attacking me. But individuals who have been named in the press as contacts of Mr.Giuliani may well have believed that their personal financial ambitions were stymied by our anti-corruption policy in Ukraine.

Trump Had Marie Yovanovitch Removed on ‘False Claims,’ She Tells House Inquiry

9. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s contempt. I think it’s an attitude more born of exasperation that we continue to wrestle with that question as a matter of national policy.
    They have the same faith, applied differently.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

One of the many reasons not to use religion as a mechanism for governance.

lakefront and Smallpotatoes like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ex-Ukraine ambassador testifies Trump pressured State Department to oust her

WASHINGTON — Marie Yovanovitch, the ousted U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, told House impeachment investigators Friday that President Donald Trump personally pressured the State Department to remove her from her position, even though a top department official assured her that she had "done nothing wrong."

Yovanovitch said that after she was abruptly recalled from her post in the spring, the deputy secretary of state told her "the president had lost confidence in me," according to her prepared remarks obtained by NBC News.

"He added that there had been a concerted campaign against me, and that the department had been under pressure from the president to remove me since the summer of 2018," Yovanovitch told lawmakers, according to her opening statement.

The career diplomat, who said she was informed of her ouster in April, said in her statement that she was "incredulous that the U.S. government chose to remove an ambassador based, as best as I can tell, on unfounded and false claims by people with clearly questionable motives."

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.