1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Spend six months writing tell-all book. Get new job. Publish said book.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Gives him plenty of time to write a tell-all about life at Fox News.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

He should have signed off telling Fox viewers to get their heads out of their asses.

lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’m sure that FNC will dirty him in the press like a former Red Sox or Redskin

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess we know what Barr and Rupert were meeting about.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Did Barr meeting with Murdock yesterday have anything to do with it?

(In at the same time!)

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

There's virtually no way he doesn't have an NDA.

8. Michael_ Gee

The advantage to leaving Fox is that your new audience is composed of people who don't give a shit what Fox says.

9. Michael_ Gee

Once that contract is over, no. No agent would let a client sign an NDA. He's not one of Ailes' sex assault victims.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Perfect. Appropriate.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Here's a question: would it be legal for Trump to be paying members of his executive branch out of his own pocket, or that of his campaign's, in addition to whatever (relative) pittance they receive from Uncle Sam? Just something I wonder whenever people act surprised that formerly reputable members of the political class would agree to work for this shit show of an administration. Like, is it possible that the Trump campaign or Trump Org approached Barr and said, look, what would we have to pay you to come work for us? Is there any law that would forbid such an arrangement?

Regarding Barr, I think he's a fixer, plain and simple. He's some billionaire donor's consigliere, a top-of-the-line version of Michael Cohen, dispatched by the Donors with the sole mission of cleaning up the mess that Trump has created and leveraging the power of the attorney general's office to maximize the chances that this country decides to keep the GOP in power for another four years. Or, Trump approached the billionaires and said, who's the best guy you know of that will be my guy, and what do I have to pay him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.