1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, he's a good reporter. But the other networks have many good reporters on their payrolls at a lot less than what he was making at Fox.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Exactly.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This much gall has gotta cause stones.

4. Michael_ Gee

Barr is basically opposed to the American Revolution and Constitution, because he believes God wants him to be that way. Fuck him and the twisted idea of God he worships.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm talking about a breaking news anchor, not an opinion show.

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’m afraid that I don’t have a very good grasp of what “moral relativism” is because it seems to me that backing a president who continually acts counter to well-established virtues and morals merely because he will lash out at your political enemies would be a prime example of moral relativism.

garrow likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Barr's position is simply "as a white man, my perversion of Christianity is entitled to rule all other people." Morality has jack shit to do with it.

lakefront likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yes, Bill disBarr. This is America. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Hate to break it to you. This ain’t a theocracy.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    lakefront and garrow like this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think one of the longterm worries about Trumpism is the vacuum it creates within the Republican party. Into which rushes the newly energized/newly weaponized theocratic right.

After Trump, the deluge.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I have no idea what that says. I am guessing something like "Please don't throw me off a balcony when you are done with me"?

Pilot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.