1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They have been in effective control of the Republican party for at least 20 years.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Since Gingrich. The reaction to Bill Clinton’s first election is the primer for what has happened now.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think it's charming that BTE even learned Russian to complete his conversion.
    I understand it is a very hard language to master.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Everything is transactional with Trump. Including U.S. foreign policy.

5. Neutral Corner

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No. The point of the question was what Warren would say to a supporter who is also a Christian who believes marriage is one man and one woman.

Warren’s response was to question the motive of any such question, then question the attractability of such a person

7. Neutral Corner

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I guess what I mean is this: the animating force in the Republican party is money*, and most of that over the last 20 years from the Kochs, the Mercers and Sheldon Adelson.

Trump will have largely destroyed the old machine, and what remained of those alliances.

The party has always worn a specific kind of Christianity as a mask, certainly, with organizations like The Family in the background - but always sharing power with Wall Street and the DoD and the usual up-with-business corporatists.

I'm talking about The Family AS the Republican Party.

The real 200-proof, Handmaid's Tale, Evangelical Ayatollah stuff.

(*Democrats, too, of course.)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nobody opposed to gay marriage in the year of our Lord 2019 is ever, ever going to vote for a Democrat. So fuck 'em.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

But Shep has his $$$
    He seems like the kind of guy who would like to do offbeat features for someone

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He truly can't stand himself.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Seriously. I thought the same exact thing when he was posting that the other day. He's so convinced that gazillions of people are going to be offended by her answer, when, 1) Gay marriage is so widely favored in 2019 that what she gave amounted to a pretty safe answer, not a controversial one, and 2) Anyone who was actually offended by her answer is someone who wasn't voting for her anyhow, before she gave the answer.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.