1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I have to assume there were some emails where she might have called people "bad names", things like that. Surely she did not want those out there and you know the media would have focused on those. I don't think we need to see personal things like that. There were a couple like that, don't remember who they were from or to, but I felt a little icky hearing some of the personal stuff. Everyone should have the right to bitch about others, to someone, without the world knowing.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

He wouldn't know what it's like to be in love with someone.
    That was my reading of that particular obsession of his.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's nice, and I don't doubt it for a second. But it doesn't mean anything.

Tulsi's "thing" is no more regime-change wars. It's no other candidate's "thing." That "thing" happens to be agreeable to Russia (and a lot of other countries). That doesn't make it bad. A pity that too many people think it does.

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I am a white female progressive and I can't stand Hillary Clinton. It has nothing to do with misogyny and every damned thing to do with Hillary Clinton. Let's look back a bit, shall we?

The Clintons and the Trumps were likethis before the election. In fact, Ivanka talked about how sad she was to lose her bestie, Chelsea, over the election.

Clinton and her consorts' behaviour toward her rivals was boorish and galling:
    Remember her telling Bernie's supporters, "We don't need you"?
    Remember the condescending and outright hateful language she, Madeline Albright, and Gloria Steinem used toward young women who weren't all-in with the Pantsuit Brigade or whatever it was called?
    Remember Dolores Huerta and America Ferrera flat out lying about being shouted down at an event?
    Remember Chuck Shumer saying they didn't need the flyover states? Wow, that was some impressive constitutional scholarship in action there, I'll tell you what.

And yet...AND EFFING YET... many of us did our best to get that ridiculous person elected because we figured she'd cause less harm to the republic than the person in office now. AND WE STILL GET LECTURED ABOUT IT.

Oh my goodness I'm so sick of reading that I am a self-loathing woman because I don't like Hillary Clinton.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Stoney, Alma, HanSenSE and 10 others like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Which rivals? The one who felt so bad about her treatment he made her Secretary of State?

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You're being naive at best or disingenuous at worst. It should be noted that Bannon, Tucker Carlson, David Duke and you all defend Gabbard...but I suspect it's not because she's against "regime change wars."

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Get over it.

(And random capitalization is the new right-wing thing, apparently)

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Washout loser jumps on table, screeches "Hey remember me?????" and crawls back under a sedona rock.

OscarMadison, BadgerBeer and HanSenSE like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Crazy thing about Hillary - you would think just having Trump being President would be enough, but then she says things that remind you again why she lost. I'm certain she has a very small and thick "bubble" of people who she interacts with who probably would agree with whatever she said.
    What was it that Albright said - "there is a special place in hell for women who don't support other women?" The only woman I've ever really seen Hillary support is herself.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

You want a real reason why Gabbard should be blacklisted by Democrats?

How about her well-documented skepticism over the use of chemical weapons by Syria during the Syrian Civil War? She refuses to denounce Bashar Al-Asaad's actions despite ample proof by the UN that he's used chemical weapons to kill Syrian citizens. You can be against intervention and international regime change and still have a moral compass that says, "This is wrong." Yet she refuses to do that.

Not only does she refuses to denounce the attacks, but she's voted against bills And resolutions that would condemn them. Calling al-Asaad a dictator isn't enough. She needs to say and do more.

Also, I find her immigration stances reprehensible. She voted in favor of an extreme vetting policy for Syrian refugees at a time when those refugees had nowhere to go. At one point she said people would rather stay in their homes while refusing to acknowledge that those homes had been destroyed by the man she refuses to denounce.

That, coupled with her head-in-the-sand approach to dealing with the support she's garnered from disgusting people like David Duke, neo Nazis, and other white supremacists, is more than enough for me to label her as the one Democratic candidate I'll never support.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I’m beginning to think she’s a Republican agent.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.