1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The circumstantial evidence that Stein was an unwitting Russian agent in 2016 is pretty strong. As for the others, Nader was driven by ego, Johnson was because the Libertarians always field a candidate, and Perot because at the moment he ran, dissatisfaction among both Republicans and Democrats with their own parties was very (relatively) high.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Help me understand how she didn’t handle the phony endorsement of a racist in the right way.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard gets 2020 endorsement from David Duke

The 37-year-old received Duke’s unwelcome endorsement despite several moves signaling her potential support for the Jewish state.

In November 2016, Duke tweeted that Gabbard was a representative of a “political realignment” he hoped to see in the US — and called for Donald Trump to appoint her secretary of state.

She responded: “U didn’t know I’m Polynesian/Cauc? Dad couldn’t use ‘whites only’ water fountain. No thanks. Ur white nationalism is pure evil.”

The following month, she tweeted: “Our movement is one of love/aloha, inclusivity. Duke represents hatred, racism, anti-Semitism, fear. We don’t want his ‘support.’ Period.”

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

well

The Russian effort to divert votes to Jill Stein was more extensive than previously thought

Jill Stein’s Recount Cash Pays for Her Russia Legal Defense

Jill Stein's campaign objects to Senate request for some Russia documents - CNNPolitics

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don’t even like Gabbard. But if a party should be blacklisting - blacklisting! - someone for their stance on the Syrian Civil War? We’re in a weird place man. Weird place.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Unwitting?

We have ascribed a power to Russia that it did not have out of pure hatred for Donald Trump. It is amazing what that man has done to America. If, just before the election, he secretly invested in the company that makes tinfoil hats, kudos to him.

6. Michael_ Gee

No one is blacklisting her, any more than Bill Weld is getting blacklisted by the Republicans. Each is the object of strong criticism from the mass of their party's voters. Each is polling about one percent of said party's voters. Weld will never again hold elective office (in fairness, he doesn't really want to). Gabbard could well lose her Congressional primary in Hawaii next spring. If it weren't for the Russian and right wing Twitter bots supporting Gabbard, she'd get just as much attention as Weld -- none.

7. Michael_ Gee

Gosh Alma, are you saying the Mueller report was wrong and that Russia did NOT intervene in the election to help Trump? If not, perhaps you should clarify your post.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think the Mueller Report is right in the sense Russia did what the Mueller Report says it did, or tried to do.

I think it's dangerous to start calling third party candidates "unwitting Russian agents" because it suggests that only under the awnings of two major political parties can a candidate hope to win.

Don't you see the danger in ascribing so much power to Russia that we're willing to hand that nation our election just so we can say Trump didn't actually win?

He won! In key Midwestern states! Did RUSSIA dupe the Midwest? I dunno. I know coastal elites would like to think so because it doesn't indict them.

Here's what we're not gonna do before 2020:

1. Dissolve Russia.
    2. Abolish the electoral college.

So one might as well go about winning the game as it's played, and not acscribing more power to someone like Tulsi Gabbard - who has the charisma of a high school science teacher - that she deserves.

This a board full of Democrats and there's virtually no chatter about the candidates on the stage. It's all about conspiracies, Trump, more Trump, more conspiracies, losers on Twitter whose entire living is rooted in prolonging Russiagate, and the like. Short of being tossed from the office - which would take a palace coup of some stature, throwing the nation into total turmoil over a call to Ukraine and withdrawing troops from Syria (the matter that really irks the Republicans) - Trump is gonna run for office again.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It's well known pedo rapists message in coded language.

garrow likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

coastal elites

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She shouldn't be blacklisted because of Russia/ Syria.

She needs to be blacklisted because she sought, and was considered for, a position in the Fatfuck fascist regime.

A day or so after the Mueller report dropped, she was out with pom poms on, chanting the Bullshit Barr "nothing to see here, move along please" mantra.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Who would have thought that our first Social Media President would not be some millennial stereotype but would instead be a septuagenarian has-been reality show host and TV pitchman?

I remember when I first used Twitter, in like 2007. I thought, “I just don’t see much of a use for this.” I never thought, “Wow, this could bring down our country.” Looking back, my naïveté is fairly shocking.

Fred siegle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.