1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

isn't is raining in DC? He’s not the bunker down and ruminate on strategy type.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

You see people influenced by social media on an hourly basis, including people reacting to content throughout this thread, and yet you're dubious of the effect it may have on an election?

Nothing like a bit of willful ignorance to get you through the day.

No. But the major ones do. Warren, Biden, Sanders all have solid leads in national polls when put head-to-head with Trump. Buttigieg is more split, as is Harris. Booker and Klobuchar haven't had many head-to-head polls done.

If it's one of those six, with clear messaging, I absolutely like their chances of winning once paired nationally against Trump. They each have different strengths that can be emphasized and they're all more highly thought of than Clinton.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It was raining in DC today. So he found something else to cheat at.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Pseudonyms of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

This includes one I never heard of --Carolin Gallego-- in which Trump wrote a 1992 letter to the editor as a fictional secretary of his claiming how much respect he has for women.

7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

By the way, for anyone (ie, Alma) who thinks anything has been remotely decided in the Democratic primary right now, I remind you of the following:

- Obama was not considered the front-runner in the 2008 primary until well after Super Tuesday, as he finally had enough delegates in hand in mid-February to look like a legitimate threat to Clinton's candidacy rather than a well-supported curiosity.

- In the 2016 Republican primary, Ben Carson was tied or ahead of Donald Trump in multiple polls through late 2015 and Ted Cruz won the Iowa primary. The GOP was so paranoid about Trump that it tried to draft Romney and Paul Ryan into the race as late as mid-March, well into primary season.

Until the nation starts paying attention as a whole, nothing is guaranteed. So predicting general election results is a fool's errand.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don’t. I’m the one who posts a new poll every month.

I’m more interested in that primary than anyone else here. I’ve been *ridiculed* for caring about who I might vote for.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

garrow and Smallpotatoes like this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Here is why Ashley Feinberg is good at this: she puts every phone number she has for anyone in her phone and then does periodic searches on Twitter for her contacts, and occasionally she hits paydirt.

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Doesn’t every reporter do that?

I think Feinberg dives much deeper

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Mrs Trump

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.