1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was just commenting on how mediocre at best that photo is. It’s like it’s from the rejected file. Framing is weird. Bystanders are weird. The kiss is so forced.

lakefront likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That looks like a generic mailer they sent to donors to a specific fundraising campaign.

A college kid ran for mayor here a couple of years ago on a full MAGA platform. He boasted about being on a some presidential advisory committee and posted cards and letters and certificates he received like they were reserved for bigwigs. Some friends of mine then donated the $25 required and got their dog Rufus Barksalot on the same "prestigious" advisory committee. Then somebody else got a certificate in William J. Clinton's name.

garrow likes this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Melanie is starting to get lots of attention today due to a story about her monthly trips to NYC. Looks like the sister got in the same way the parents did. Will post story as soon as I find it again, but thought this was interesting...

4. lakefront

And the space between the 2 of them and yeah, that "kiss".

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Interesting but the people who were stupid to vote for him the last time will be stupid again next year.

lakefront likes this.
  6. lakefront

unf'ing believable

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

They’re not just stupid, they’re racist. And they are just as racist now as they were in 2016.

lakefront and Tarheel316 like this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

bigpern, I'd thought that too, but am unsure Mulvaney is intelligent enough to get himself fired while at the same time shaking off any criminal liability.
    I think it's likelier he's an idiot who made an ass of himself at a briefing and is now digging in.
    In the true tradition of the Trump presidency.

Driftwood and bigpern23 like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Very street smart" in Trumpspeak means "will throw out a lot of crazy garbage to make me look good."

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

RE: Gabbard, was there any talk of her running as a third-party candidate if she didn't receive the nomination before Clinton talked about her the other day?

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Imagine how sad your fucking life is to have to stage a kiss with your so-called wife and then forge her signature.
    This man has no joys, not a single one.
    Other than tormenting everyone around him.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You've seen the "official WH portrait" of Trump yes?

[​IMG]

TigerVols likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.