1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Eh? Pretty sure Obama won two of the three post-W elections.

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

In what way did last night’s results add lumens to said torch?

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

You will get no argument from me on that. Scheer is an uninspiring leader and hopefully the CPC can do better.

It amazes me that anyone would vote to give power to a party that is willing to sabotage our economy. I believe in man made climate change. I also agree that the solution will come from industry and science.

The laws put in place by Trudeau effectively kill an industry, Greens and NDP support this.

Trudeau gets a pass for his record of being a racist empty suit fake feminist who got nothing good done for the country. Hopefully the starfucker chokes on his own bullshit.

Sea Bass likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's a good point. At some point, "Vote Democratic! We help 5 percent of the people!" just doesn't resonate.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The northern lights are sometimes a bit dim, but still mystic and wonderful.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Have been in my kitchen.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

No font large enough for LOL

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is not time for Canada to get on their high horse. The Cons still won the popular vote and Trudeau is a corrupt lying piece of scum. Voting for Jagmeet Singh would have been leading the way.

Having said all that, a disaster was avoided by Scheer not winning. The country is becoming far closer to embracing Trump style politics than I’m comfortable. See the prairies and Doug Ford.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

John Roberts and Anthony Kennedy - W and Ford appointees - guaranteed that.

It’s hard for the Democrats to do much because their ideas have to be so immediate and drastic, while simultaneously- unless you’re Sanders and you’re honest - requiring no pain to install. That’s the corner they - we, since I usually vote Democrat - painted ourselves in with morally superior rhetoric about how elite of human beings we all are. We’ve invited every grievance and trauma to the table. It’s hard to get much done if every plan has to honor all of them.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gay marriage was a 5-4 Supreme Court decision. Alma is right. The Democratic party had nothing to do with it as an institution. Public opinion changed because as it was gradually implemented by various states, most people found it had no impact on their lives whatsoever, so live and let live.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Of course, it has nothing to do with a fractured political system in which the primary goal of party that held the majority in Congress for most of the Obama administration was to make sure nothing as accomplished and to get a Republican into the White House as soon as possible.

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

FFS. The prairies are not close to embracing the politics of Trump. Jagmeet Singh would be an outright disaster for the economy.

I agree that too many Canadians are smug about our politics but the smearing and demonization of anything that is conservative is beyond fucking lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.