1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

1. Trump isn't GOP. The GOP tolerates the guy because it has no choice; its alternatives are uniformly awful.

2. Prevalent dogma? Explain.

3. The key with ObamaCare is that the process *sucked* upon rollout. It had all the hallmarks of a government mess.

4. Obama punted on a lot of issues. He did, in part because he couldn't make many deals without violating some sacred moral trust with a sliver of his constituency. Dealmaking is dealmaking, and Obama was more into offending as few of people as possible and being a media icon than the dirty work of politics.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd point out that trying to end Obamacare now, warts and all is an act of political suicide.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that Bolton is leaking like a sieve, but is not a whistleblower.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The definition of the word "lynch" is:

So Trump and Graham can kindly get fucked, as always.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Only problem I have with the Kellyanne as the op-ed writer is proceeds are going to the White House Correspondents Association. Unless she just found religion First Amendment style or is doing it to cleanse her soul.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

More liberal stuff from the liberal board guy, including absolving the GOP for this Trump mess.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

How is trump not the GOP? He went through the primary process, their voters preferred him to the others. Ya can split hairs all ya want, but they elected the guy they wanted

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He barely represents the standard neocon platform and anyone knows that.

I don't like the GOP's standard platform any more than Trump's. I may like it less, in fact.

And, as I wrote, the alternatives to him are awful. Sasse? Maybe him. Who else?

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trump ABSOLUTELY is the GOP. They've spent 25 years creating this monster.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Obamacare didn't suck in blue states that embraced it. It sucked in red states where legislatures intentionally rolled out a shitty product to make it seem like a disaster.

I enrolled in it when it first became available in my state and it promptly saved me $60K in medical bills (a broken foot and appendicitis within the first year) for $217/month. I fucking love Obamacare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.